7 KILLED, HUNDREDS INJURED AS STRONG QUAKE HITS SULAWESI, INDONESIA
VATICAN: POPE FRANCIS, FORMER POPE BENEDICT BOTH GET COVID-19 VACCINE
AUSTRALIA REBUKES GOOGLE FOR BLOCKING LOCAL CONTENT
JAPAN TO BAN ENTRY OF FOREIGN ATHLETES TO TRAIN AHEAD OF SUMMER OLYMPICS
BIDEN INAUGURATION WILL FEATURE DIVERSE PERFORMANCES INCLUDING LADY GAGA, JENNIFER LOPEZ
COURT ORDERS ARREST OF COPS ACCUSED OF KILLING ARMY MEN IN JOLO
THE PANDEMIC SLAMS PHL VEHICLE SALES IN 2020
CHESS PLAYER WESLEY SO BAGS P11.8M, JOINS WORLD’S TOP ESPORT EARNERS
ZSA ZSA PADILLA FINALLY VISITS THE GRAVE OF ‘COMEDY KING’ DOLPHY AGAIN
DUTERTE: PRESIDENCY JOB NOT FOR A WOMEN

BODY FOUND BY JAPANESE COAST GUARD BELONGS TO FILIPINO CREWMEMBER OF MISSING FREIGHTER

7 months ago | Pinoy | 0 comments

By Xai Reyes

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the Japanese Coast Guard’s remains on Friday had been confirmed to belong to a Filipino seafarer.

DFA said the body found by the Japanese Coast Guard last Friday had been confirmed to be of Filipino nationality. The family of the deceased identified the body.

The Coast Guard did not find any remains or survivors during Monday’s search and only found an empty life raft on a sandy beach.

As of Saturday, two Filipino survivors from the cargo ship that sank off Japan amid a storm last week have contacted their families in the Philippines.

The sunken ship’s crew was made up of 39 Filipinos, 2 New Zealanders, and 2 Australians. The boat was traveling from Napier in New Zealand to the Chinese port of Tangshan.

It issued a distress call early Wednesday as Typhoon Maysak passed through the area, setting off a desperate search for the 43 crew on board.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Social Media