CALVIN ABUEVA TURNED DOWN OFFERS FROM THAILAND AND JAPAN
Phoenix forward Calvin Abueva revealed that he received offers from at least two different foreign leagues when he got suspended from the PBA last year.
Speaking to former PBA commissioner Noli Eala on “Power & Play” last Saturday, Abueva said he has been getting offers from other leagues both here and abroad.
But Abueva said he turned down all offers adding that he wanted to finish his problem first.
Abueva had not played in the PBA since June 2019, when the Commissioner’s Office gave him an indefinite ban after a series of on-court incidents.
“Hindi pa po ako umo-oo sa mga ‘yan… May dapat po akong tapusin dito sa problema ko, bago po ako kukunin ng iba,” he explained.
Abueva has been working towards getting reinstated, diligently following the tasks set for him by PBA commissioner Willie Marcial.
This includes getting a drug test, doing community service, and attending therapy sessions with a psychologist.