DFA SAYS NUMBER OF INJURED PINOYS IN BEIRUT BLASTS NOW AT 47
The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Monday said the number of Filipinos injured in last week’s deadly blasts in Beirut, Lebanon has increased to 47.
An embassy report said there were five more Filipino casualties in the explosion that killed at least 154 people, including 4 Filipinos, and injured 5,000.
The blasts were triggered by ammonium nitrate stored in a warehouse for years.
A chartered plane on August 16 will bring back around 400 Filipinos who sought repatriation assistance from the embassy in Beirut.
The same flight will also carry the remains of the Filipino fatalities.