FORMER ITALIAN PRIME MINISTER SILVIO BERLUSCONI IN HOSPITAL AFTER CONTRACTING COVID-19
His physician said the 83-year old media tycoon is being treated for a lung infection at San Raffaele hospital in Milan, where he was admitted.
Berlusconi had tested positive for coronavirus earlier this week after returning from a holiday at his luxury villa on Sardinia’s jet-set Emerald Coast.
His doctor Alberto Zangrillo said at a press conference on Friday that his condition was “encouraging” and that he was not intubated or on a ventilator.
The billionaire is “a patient at risk because of his age and previous illnesses,” the doctor said, adding that he should remain in the hospital for “a few days.”
But he admitted: “Berlusconi’s mood is not the best,” saying that he had to insist that he be admitted to hospital.