GLOBAL COVID-19 CASES REACH 30.27 MILLION, DEATH TOLL AT 945,738
According to Reuters tally, more than 30.27 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 945,738 have died.
Infections have been reported in more than 210 countries and territories since the first cases were identified in China in December 2019.
The top five countries in terms of a number of cases are as follows:
1. US: 6,694,698 cases and 197,725 deaths
2. India: 5,214,677 cases and 84,372 deaths
3. Brazil: 4,455,386 cases and 134,935 deaths
4. Russia: 1,091,186 cases and 19,195 deaths
5. Peru: 744,400 cases and 31,051 deaths
The Philippines is 21st on the list with 279,526 cases and 4,830 deaths.