7 KILLED, HUNDREDS INJURED AS STRONG QUAKE HITS SULAWESI, INDONESIA
VATICAN: POPE FRANCIS, FORMER POPE BENEDICT BOTH GET COVID-19 VACCINE
AUSTRALIA REBUKES GOOGLE FOR BLOCKING LOCAL CONTENT
JAPAN TO BAN ENTRY OF FOREIGN ATHLETES TO TRAIN AHEAD OF SUMMER OLYMPICS
BIDEN INAUGURATION WILL FEATURE DIVERSE PERFORMANCES INCLUDING LADY GAGA, JENNIFER LOPEZ
COURT ORDERS ARREST OF COPS ACCUSED OF KILLING ARMY MEN IN JOLO
THE PANDEMIC SLAMS PHL VEHICLE SALES IN 2020
CHESS PLAYER WESLEY SO BAGS P11.8M, JOINS WORLD’S TOP ESPORT EARNERS
ZSA ZSA PADILLA FINALLY VISITS THE GRAVE OF ‘COMEDY KING’ DOLPHY AGAIN
DUTERTE: PRESIDENCY JOB NOT FOR A WOMEN

PRRD TO FIRECRACKER MANUFACTURER: “YOU DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURIES”

2 months ago | Quote | 0 comments

By Xai Reyes

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte blamed fireworks manufacturers for selling products ‘beyond the normal level of safety’.

On Monday , the President said the lack of mechanism to hold firecracker manufacturers accountable for injuries is part of the reason he is mulling a total ban.

Duterte pointed out that several Filipino children suffer fireworks-related injuries every year.

“Ang binabantayan nga every year is that we are glued on the TV and waiting for announcement of how many have suffered, ilan ang patay,” he said.

Earlier this month, Duterte said he was planning to totally ban the use of firecrackers in 2021.

His statement was met with resistance from fireworks vendors in Bocaue, who said their lives depended on the industry.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Social Media